W870P Wood lathe package deal with Viper 3 geared 4 – jaw chuck.
PACKAGE DEAL – SAVE £50.
When compared to buying separate Items.
Package consists of;
W870 14″ x 43″ Variable Speed Lathe
VIPER3: 4 Jaw Geared Scroll Chuck
W870 Floorstanding large capacity lathe;
- 750w (1hp) Quiet Induction Motor
- Round Bar Toolrest Design (Compatible with the Robert Sorby range of tool rests)
- Easy-Operation Camlock Design
- 14″ Diameter Bowl Turning Capacity Over the Bed
- Rotating Headstock allows for 20″ Diameter Bowls
- 10″ Diameter x 43″ Length Spindle Turning Capacity
- Mechanical Variable Speed
- Built in Digital RPM Speed Display
- Hollow Head & Tail Stocks
- Accessories Holder Included
- Sturdy Floorstand with Shelf Included
Cast iron construction, precision machining and great value for money are the key features of this woodturning lathe.
This new model has an upgraded, more powerful, induction motor and a built in digital speed readout to accurately display the rpm speed of the spindle.
Spindles of up to 10″ diameter and 43″ in length can be precisely turned over the bed using the cam-lock sliding toolrest. The sliding tail stock also uses a cam-lock for quick adjustments. The rotating headstock design allows for large diameter bowls of up to 20″, to be turned over the front of the machine. Obtaining the correct speed for cutting is no problem with the variable speed controller with 10 locator stops, which operates at the turn of a lever. When using the headstock rotated to the front, the extendable toolrest can be positioned on the left hand side using the extension bed supplied.
Supplied with hollow headstock and tailstock suitable for long hole boring, floorstand, NVR switch, 225mm long toolrest with 25mm shank, 4 prong drive centre 2MT, revolving tail centre 2MT, 150mm diameter faceplate, knock out bar, cable and plug. Runs on standard 13amp supply.
|Distance between centres||1100mm (43″)|
|Distance over bed||355mm (14″)|
|Motor (Induction)||750w (1hp)|
|Speed ranges||10 (500 – 2000RPM)|
|Spindle thread size||M33 x 3.5|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||1800mm x 500mm x 1200mm|
- Extra carriage charges may apply to Scottish Highlands & Islands, please enquire.
VIPER3; For serious woodturners a geared scroll chuck is the only choice. This high precision 4 jaw chuck uses just one T-bar to adjust the jaws which means mounting a workpiece is very simple and you will not run out of hands. The basic chuck has thread size M33 x 3.5 .
|Direct Mounting Thread||M33 x 3.5mm|
|Chuck Body Diameter||95mm|
|Standard Jaws Expand from||45mm to 82mm|
|Standard Jaws Contract from||69mm to 32mm|